Let me ask you what may seem like a dumb question. Do you think your digital presence is more important now than it was before COVID? Or less important? The answer seems obvious! It’s much more important now than it ever was before. And yet if you’re like many others, you’re still trying to market online the same way you have for years.
COVID really began impacting the business world in March of 2020. Many of our clients relied on my team’s digital marketing expertise to help them navigate changes they should make in their digital marketing. We had clients who started communicating more and differently, clients who continued to be proactive, clients who pivoted to take better advantage of our services, and even clients who had to cut back due to diminished income.
The good news is that while over six months have now passed, it’s not too late to jump into action. And pivoting your digital marketing for the world of 2020 doesn’t have to be rocket science, although it can help to engage with a professional or team of professionals.
Here are 30 strategies and tactics to consider to pivot your digital marketing in this new world:
- Redesign your website if it’s more than 3-5 years old.
- If your website is newer than that, go through it and ensure the information is up-to-date.
- Ensure your website has a clear call to action on your home page to encourage visitors to take that next step.
- If you haven’t been doing so, start blogging, strategically.
- If you’re already blogging, start working on writing better blog headlines.
- Write blogs that are optimized for SEO.
- Be proactive about getting online reviews.
- Make sure your website is optimized for search engines.
- Create a Facebook Page.
- Start posting on Facebook consistently using a service like Hootsuite.
- Create a Facebook event.
- Start a Facebook group.
- Create an Instagram account and connect it to your Facebook Page.
- Schedule Instagram posts through a service like Hootsuite.
- Set up a Company Page on LinkedIn.
- Start posting on LinkedIn consistently using a service like Hootsuite.
- Optimize your LinkedIn profile.
- Create a Pinterest business account.
- Pin pages on your website to Pinterest consistently over time.
- Are you already posting on social media? Come up with a strategy to take things to the next level.
- Create a YouTube channel.
- Consistently create and upload videos to YouTube, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Make a video specifically for the home page of your website.
- Come up with an ongoing video marketing strategy.
- If you’re using Gmail, Yahoo, or some other email service, create a more professional email address that uses a custom domain.
- Sign up for an email marketing platform like Mailchimp.
- Invest some time in building up your mailing list.
- Set up email automation through Mailchimp or another service.
- Market and host a webinar to educate potential clients or customers.
- Consider investing in working with a marketing agency.
Okay, that last one may be somewhat self-serving. The point is, none of these options are new. But if you don’t start taking advantage of more digital marketing opportunities, you may be left in the dust.
Subscribe to Email Updates
SubscribeGet Edmond Business news in your inbox.
About Tim Priebe
Tim is a public speaker, author, publisher of Edmond Business, and the owner of T&S Online Marketing. He helps businesses that are worried they don’t have the expertise or time required to invest in doing their own digital marketing. He helps them plan where and how much to invest and often helps execute the plan.
Tim started the Edmond Business online magazine in May 2020 to fill a need in the community when The Edmond Sun shut down and stopped publishing their monthly magazine, The Business Times.